The AV Equipment Office is part of your community. Respect property and the needs of your fellow students.
***PLEASE Do not request special access, case-by-case allowances, and exceptions from your professors, TAs, or the Visual Resources Center.***
Students currently enrolled in Art Studio (Video Art, Digital Photography, Time-Based Studio, and MFAs) and Graphic Design classes may check out equipment for which they are eligible only during open hours. They are responsible for confirming that all equipment and accessories are present at time of check out. Equipment will be checked out with a valid AU ID.
· ADVANCED ITEMS are only for a student with special permission from Time-Based Studio Instructor.
· There is a FOUR ITEM maximum for checkout. No exceptions.
· Equipment is first come/first serve.
· Advanced reservation can be made in-person only. One calendar reservation is permitted at a time. Reserved equipment not picked up within an hour of office closing will be released for other students’ use.
All students must sign an equipment agreement form before borrowing is allowed. Students will be held financially responsible for the exact replacement cost and fee of an identical new item if the item that they have checked out is lost, stolen or damaged. The replacement cost charge will be equivalent to the current price of the new equipment.
The Department cannot be responsible for the safety of prints or personal property.
***Students are completely liable for all equipment checked out on their ID.***
***NEVER drop off a piece of equipment without check-in by a TA. The item must be registered back into the system or the student is still held accountable for missing equipment. ***
- A student will be charged a fine of $25.00 PER DAY the office is open for each piece of late equipment.
- ANY late fines will block a student from check-out until fines are paid. Failure to pay may result in a stop placed on your University-wide (Student) Account.
- Fines must be paid at the Bender Library Borrowing Desk. Payments of fines and fees may be made at the Borrowing Desk. Credit (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), EagleBuck$, cash, check, and money orders are accepted.
- Lost or irreparably damaged equipment will result in a charge to the student for the cost of the item.
- The AV Equipment Office reserves the right to revoke borrowing privileges for just cause.